Jonesville Home Damaged by Fire


A Jonesville home was damaged in a morning fire Saturday November 18th. A neighbor called 9-1-1 for smoke coming from a home on Ground Circle. Engine 13 arrived minutes later to find a double wide mobile home with heavy smoke visible from all sides and flames coming from the roof in the rear of the building. Firefighter-Paramedics deployed multiple handlines and forced entry through the front door.

Crews quickly knocked down the fire in the kitchen. The fire had spread into the attic space, extending across one side of the structure. Most of the fire damage was contained to the kitchen and a portion of the attic space. The interior suffered from moderate smoke and water damage, but most personal items were saved. The fire originated on the stove, burned up the rear wall and into the attic. No one was inside the home when the fire occurred, and no injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting the family.

For more information visit