Reading the Bible through with me? Grab your pen and journal and read Job 7-9. We will look at various texts from Job and one from Proverbs to discover the traits of a godless person. We begin with Job 8:13.
1. They forget God! While they might have an intellectual knowledge of God, they do not acknowledge His sovereignty, nor do they consult Him for hope or help.
2. Job 8:14 tells us they put their hope in fragile things. Their hope is based on possessions or positions.
3. Job 15:34 suggests they cling to barren religion but produce no godly fruit.
4. Job 20:4-5 suggest they their joy is temporary and dependent on circumstances.
5. Job 36:13-14 tells the godless resent God’s correction and discipline while living immoral lives.
Let me add one more from Proverbs.
6. Proverbs 11:9 tells us they have an uncontrolled tongue that is often used to hurt others.
A godless person can be nice, responsible and appear successful. But if that person has no time for God, loves temporal (worldly) things, gives no fruitful evidence of faith, resents the discipline of God while living immorally, and has an uncontrolled tongue, that is a godless person.
How about you? Do you give God ample time in your life to experience transformation? Do you hunger for His word? Do you yearn for fellowship Their joy is temporary and dependent on circumstances. Job 20:5
How about you? Do you give God ample time in your life to experience transformation? Do you hunger for His word? Do you yearn for fellowship with other believers? Is your joy dependent only on your relationship with God? Are you living a fruitful life that honors God? Do you control your tongue?