Welcome to our new web site!

To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.

During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.

Stove fire damages Chubb Lane home

Posted

A Chubb Lane home suffered heavy fire damage Thursday January 16 at 3:39 p.m.

The first fire truck arrived three minutes after the dispatch to find heavy smoke conditions and flames coming from the front and rear of the singlewide mobile home. The structure had a roof addition and front addition.

Crews deployed several handlines to combat the fire. They had most of the fire contained within 15 minutes, however units were on the scene for three hours performing overhaul. Water supply was conducted using tenders.

The fire appears to have started near the stove and spread to the cabinets and ceiling.

The interior of the home suffered substantial damage and the family lost most of their belongings, but everyone was able to safely exit the residence. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment