The Walterboro Christmas Parade will be held Sunday Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. in Downtown Walterboro. Parade applications are currently being accepted. There is no entry fee. The entry deadline is Wednesday December 2. Applications and more information may be found online at walterborosc.org/christmasparade or you may email Tourism Director Madison Stieglitz at email@example.com.
The Christmas Parade will take place on Jefferies Boulevard this year to encourage social distancing due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The parade route will start at Saint Anthony’s Catholic Church, proceed North down Jefferies Boulevard, turn left at Forest Hills Road, and turn left at Ireland Creek Drive, ending the parade.
The following rules will be in place for the Walterboro Christmas Parade:
• All attendees will be required to wear a face covering;
• All participants will be required to wear a face covering;
• Attendees are to only sit with members of their household in groups of six or less.
The City of Walterboro has been monitoring the Coronavirus that has been progressing throughout South Carolina, with our concentration on Walterboro and Colleton County. Mayor Bill Young, along with city officials, want residents to know that the city is taking precautionary measures to stay on top of the possible spread of this virus in this area. The situation will be monitored closely and the public will be informed of any event closures or special restrictions on businesses.
“We encourage you to go out and support the local restaurants and other small business during the holiday season while practicing proper hygienic measures. These small businesses that we all cherish need us now more than ever. All of our restaurants offer both dine-in and take-out service,” Young said.
If any of the following pertain to you, please do not attend or participate in the City of Walterboro Christmas Parade:
• if you have recently tested positive for Covid-19;
• if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms;
• and if you think you have recently been in contact with someone who has Covid-19.
• all attendees and participants are required to wear a mask at all times
• attendees are to use good judgement and only sit with their household
• groups of six or more should space out with 8-10 feet between each group
Limitations for floats, automobiles and golf carts below:
• no more than 6-8 socially distanced people on a float (this will be judged on a case-by-case basis depending on the size of the float)
• no more than four people in an automobile
• no more than three people on a golf cart
• any horses in the parade must wear a diaper
• absolutely no candy to be thrown during the parade
• all attendees and participants are expected to disburse rapidly and not mingle at the end of the parade.
The City of Walterboro is closely monitoring the state of Covid-19 and retains the right to cancel the event should circumstances change.