Colleton County School District will be observing spring break holiday on April 13-19, giving families, school nutrition staff, bus drivers, teachers and district officials who have worked hard during the school closure a needed rest.
During the week of April 13-19, CCSD will not be making bus meal deliveries, but Colleton County government officials will be operating meal pick-up locations for students during the spring break period.
A list of meal pick-up locations and times is available online at colletonsd.org.
Normal bus meal deliveries will resume after spring break on April 20.
Wi-Fi capable buses will be available for use until Friday April 10. After that date, the buses will be decommissioned due to low usage rates. These buses are located at:
• Bells Elementary School (12088 Bells Highway, Ruffin)
• Black Street Early Childhood Center (256 Smith Street, Walterboro)
• Colleton County Middle School (1379 Tuskegee Airman Drive, Walterboro)
• Cottageville Elementary School (648 Peirce Road, Cottageville)
• Forest Hills Elementary School (633 Hiers Corner Road, Walterboro)
• Hendersonville Elementary School (6089 Hendersonville Highway, Walterboro)
Packet return deadlines
In addition, the district has set deadlines for the delivery of completed distance learning packets to schools, based on guidance from the South Carolina Department of Education. Those dates are:
• Packet 1 (distributed on March 16) – Deadline April 9
• Packet 2 (distributed on April 1-2) – Deadline May 8
• Final Date to Turn in All Packets – Deadline May 15
All schools will have bins/tubs available in a covered location for parents to drop off distance learning packets, in compliance with Centers for Disease Control guidelines.