A family of seven was displaced following an early morning fire in a mobile home on Norris Drive February 1. A resident found the back bedroom of the home on fire and evacuated with five children. Colleton County Fire-Rescue arrived to find fire and smoke visible from the residence. Crews took about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control and water was brought to the scene on tenders. The fire appears to have started from a space heater in a restroom. The interior of the home was destroyed, and the family lost most of their belongings. No injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting the family.