The City of Walterboro’s Appearance Board, chaired by Dana Cheney in coordination with Keep Walterboro Beautiful, sponsored its annual Holiday Home and Business Decorating contest throughout the month of December. The deadline was December 24.
Contest criteria were that candidates’ homes or businesses had to be located within the city limits, and they had to submit photos to be considered for the contest.
Winners were announced Jan. 8.
• First place– Twig Downtown
• Second place – Thurston’s Barbershop
• Third place – 4 Corner’s Financial
• First place – Michael and Phyllis Shearhouse - 306 Woodlawn St.
• Second place – Clancey Padgett - 406 Ravenwood Dr.
City of Walterboro’s Appearance Board members are Dana Cheney (Chair), Helen T. Bodison, Talika Mock, David Nay and Carl Brown (Liaison).
“Keep Walterboro Beautiful executive director is Tiffany Mays. All prizes may be picked up at Mays’ office, 300 Hampton St., in the City’s Water Department,” said Cheney. “Congratulations to all the winners who went the extra mile and decorated with holiday spirit.”