Singlewide home on Victoria Lane damaged by fire

Posted

A singlewide mobile home received damage after an electrical fire spread to the wall, carpet, curtains and nearby furniture in a home on Victoria Lane on Sunday June 21.

At 3:23 p.m., Fire-Rescue responded to the incident. The occupant was awakened to smoke in the residence and found the items burning. The residents threw out most of the burning items and pushed a window air conditioning unit out of the home, preventing more damage. Everyone exited the home and no one was injured.

Firefighters-Paramedics deployed one handline to douse the remaining flames. Crews pulled the sheet rock off of one wall and pulled up the carpet to check for additional fire.

The home suffered smoke damage but most personal items were saved.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment