Fire Damages Red Comet Rd Home


Colleton County Firefighters saved a Red Comet Rd home following a fire that caused heavy damage to the kitchen. Friday, February16, 911 received a report that the home was on fire. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke conditions from the eaves on all sides of the single-story home and quickly had the fire under control. The fire originated on the stove and burned into the cabinets and entered the attic space. The fire damaged kitchen and the remainder of the home suffered smoke damage, but most personal belongings were saved. All residents were safe. Firefighter-Paramedics treated one man at the scene, but he did not require ambulance transport to the hospital.