For The Press and Standard
Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a residential fire at 53 Claudia Court in Jacksonboro Friday evening 19-May at 19:01. Engine 6 arrived to find a singlewide mobile home approximately 50% involved with heavy smoke and fire visible. Firefighter-Paramedics deployed two handlines to the building and quickly knocked down the fire, then entered the home to extinguish the remaining flames. The home suffered substantial damage and the occupants lost most of their belongings. The occupant advised he was outside when he discovered the home on fire. He had been cooking earlier. The fire appeared to have started in the area of the kitchen. No one was injured during the incident.