Ulmer Lake Drive home saved after fire under floor

Posted

Firefighter-paramedics saved a home in the 100 block of Ulmer Lake Drive on Sunday morning June 21.

At 6:29 a.m., 9-1-1 was notified of a residence on fire at that location. The first unit arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the two-story residential dwelling and flames coming from the rear of the structure. Crews deployed multiple handlines to the building and quickly knocked down the exterior flames at the rear of the home.

The fire originated at the back of the living room and appeared to be electrical in nature. The fire evidently had been burning for some time, doing substantial damage under the living room causing the floor to collapse in one area.

Firefighters crawled under the home to extinguish the remaining flames.

The fire was contained to the back of the structure. The remainder of the home suffered smoke damage, but most of the belongings were saved.

Units were on the scene for three hours performing overhaul.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment