The Walterboro Alumni Legacy Group hosted a Walterboro Stadium Farewell Tailgate last year, and money raised is now being distributed into scholarships for Colleton County High School graduates.
Several scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000 will be awarded.
The deadline to submit applications and transcripts is 12 p.m. midnight Friday August 21. Winners will be announced Monday August 24.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
• Be a recent or past graduate of Colleton County High School
• Be registered as an undergraduate for fall 2020 at a two- or four-year accredited college, university or trade school
• Paid receipt and proof of enrollment from the Registrar’s Office will be required before funds will be distributed
• Completely answer all required questions in the online application
• Submit a copy of all official high school or college transcripts
• Agree to allow the organization to include his/her name and picture in public announcements if selected as a winner.
The Walterboro Alumni Legacy Group evolved from a community-wide initiative to re-engage alumni, young and old, who attended all of the Walterboro public schools, past and present — Colleton County Training School, Walterboro High School, and Colleton County High School.
“Thanks to the generous hearts of alumni, local businesses, and the community at large, the group raised enough money to fund several scholarships to deserving graduates of Colleton County High School that are studious and have demonstrated a passion for giving back to their community,” said member Kellye Whitaker.
All questions should be directed to WalterboroAlumniLegacyGroup@gmail.com.
To access the online scholarship application, click on this link https://forms.gle/odZiwVimxoNZxyFa9.