By CINDY CROSBY
The Colleton Prep Athletic Department announced updated COVID-19 guidelines and protocols for War Hawk Athletics Monday Jan. 4 in advance of returning to winter athletics.
“March 21, 2020. This was the date when the seasons of our student-athletes were cut short earlier this year,” said CPA Athletic Director Greg Langdale. “As we return to athletic events following Christmas break, Colleton Prep has joined most schools in SCISA to try to do everything we can to make sure this does not happen again this year. With this in mind, Colleton Prep has joined these other schools in enforcing stricter guidelines and protocols for all home sporting events. We hope that all fans, parents and students will do everything they can to help follow these new guidelines. Let us do everything possible to keep these seasons going for our student-athletes.”
The following guidelines and protocols are now being followed:
Fan Attendance Policy for Home Matches
• Fans should depart immediately after their child’s game.
• Facial coverings will be required inside the gym.
• Temperature checks will be at the gate prior to entry for all fans. Fans with a temperature over 100.5 will not be allowed in the gym.
• Fans will only be allowed to sit on every other row in the bleachers. Rows will be marked.
• Fans are not allowed to come on the court at any time.
• Fans must social distance at all times in the gym.
• Sanitizer stations will be available throughout the gym.
• All fans are asked to not gather in portions of the gym other than the bleachers.
• Each player is allowed five (5) tickets.
• Each coach is allowed three (3) tickets.
• CPA students not listed on the five (5) tickets per player or coach must sit in the student section.
Away Game Guidelines
• Always carry your mask. Most schools will not allow entry without a mask.
• Check to make sure how many fans per player the host school is allowing. There are schools allowing as few as two fans per player. If you do not have a child playing, you will likely not be allowed to enter the gym.
• Check your temperature before you leave. Fans with a temperature over 100.5 will not be allowed to enter the gym.
• Leave the gym in a timely manner following your child’s game.
• Carry your own water bottle for your child.
Colleton Prep also announced the likelihood of schedule changes over the course of the remaining winter athletic schedule. Games against Orangeburg Prep scheduled for this week have been cancelled.
The Varsity War Hawk Basketball Program added away games versus Beaufort Academy on Thursday Jan. 7 beginning at 5 p.m.