Beginning Monday, Sept 28, the Colleton County Memorial Library will be expanding their operating hours a little more. This is part of the phasing back to their normal library hours.
• At the main library (600 Hampton Street), they will open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Monday - Friday), 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday and closed on Sunday.
• At the Cottageville library, the hours will remain the same: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Tuesday and Thursday), 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday.
• At the Edisto Beach Library, the hours will remain the same: 1 - 5 p.m. (Tuesday and Thursday), 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
• There has been a revision to the unattended children policy. Beginning Monday, the library will allow juveniles to visit unattended during specific juvenile hours of 3 - 6 p.m. (After school hours) and on Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
As per library policy, juveniles who are age 10 and up will be allowed to visit the library, but they must abide by the City mask mandate and wear a mask at all times while in the library building. And, they must abide by the library code of conduct policy.
Parents will need to make sure they pick up their child before the library closes.
If a parent wishes to bring their child to the library between the hours of 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (during school hours), they need to accompany them.
• Patrons are able to sign up for a digital library card on our website at www.colletonlibrary.org. A digital library card will allow patrons to access our digital collections online and have access to a public computer when they visit the library. The digital library card will expire after two months and will not allow patrons to borrow materials in the library's physical collections.
Patrons are encouraged to visit the library and provide a picture I.D. and proof of residency in Colleton County so they can have their digital library card updated to permanent status. Once the library card is permanent, the patron will be able to borrow library materials. The digital library card will only provide access to our online digital resources through our library website!
• The library has a limited supply of Wireless MiFi devices that are specifically to help students who have no Internet access in their home. They are designed to assist these students with completing homework assignments and staying engaged with their learning.
Any parent who would like to check out a wireless MiFi device for their child (student) may contact the Main library on Hampton Street or ask for the device when they visit the library.
There will be a brief training and form that each parent must sign when checking out the device.
The MiFi devices will only enable students to access educational websites so that they can complete school assignments.
Each MiFi device will be checked out to students with a valid library card for four weeks and then may be renewed as long as another student has not requested the device.
• Tutor.com is now being offered through the South Carolina State Library DISCUS program.
Students and parents may access Tutor.com by visiting the library's website at www.colletonlibrary.org and clicking on the Tutor.com banner.
Students will be able to work with a tutor in a virtual environment each day, as needed. This is a free service to all students in South Carolina sponsored by the State Library. Call the main library for questions or any assistance accessing Tutor.com.