Crime Briefs | The Press and Standard

by | May 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Last Updated: May 11, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Phone call rings up charges
Members of the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office traveled to a home on Still Street Friday at 3:11 a.m. after receiving a phone call from the home’s owner.
She reported that she had just been contacted by her former boyfriend who said that her home was on fire. He was reportedly living in a shed on the property since the couple stopped living together.
Deputies arriving at the home discovered that it wasn’t burning.
According to the offense report, the man reportedly admitted making the phone call “just to aggravate her” because she was not at home.
After talking to the man, he was taken into custody. Deputies are charging David A. Stanley, 54, of 119 Still St. on charges of disturbing the peace and unlawful communications.

Employee robbed at gunpoint
An employee of the Dollar General store at 1602 Sidneys Road called the sheriff’s office Friday evening, informing them that he had just been robbed.
The victim said that the business closed at 10:30 p.m.  and he walked out with the store’s manager. The manager drove off, while the man waited for his ride in the parking lot.
As he waited, he was approached by two black men wearing ski masks. One of the men was armed with a handgun.
They told the man that they wanted back in the business. He told them he did not have a key.
They forced him to the side of the business and searched his pockets. When they determined that he indeed did not have a key, they took his debit card and left.

Pedestrian hurt  on interstate
The South Carolina Highway Patrol and Colleton County Fire-Rescue were called to the southbound lanes of I-95 near the 68-mile marker on May 7 at approximately 11:30 p.m. when a woman was struck by a vehicle.
The 32-year-old female pedestrian suffered multiple traumatic injuries and was treated at the scene by firefighter-paramedics, then transported to the helipad at Colleton Medical Center.
After transferring the patient to the flight crew, the helicopter suffered a mechanical issue, requiring that the patient be reloaded into an ambulance and transported to the Trauma Center at Trident Medical in Summerville.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol investigated the accident.

No comments yet.

The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Walterboro Live