Hurricane Dorian by the numbers
by The Press and Standard | September 12, 2019 5:00 am
Last Updated: September 11, 2019 at 9:54 am
Colleton's EOC office was full for eight straight days.
• Edisto Beach: 3.3 inches of rain and 60 mph winds (wind recorded 12 miles north of Edisto); no significant structural damage and no storm surge damage.
• Walterboro – 1.5 inches of rain and 40 mph winds; 80 reports of damage in mainland Colleton including 25 road closures, all of which have been reopened.
• 6,800 power outages in Colleton County at its peak. All the outages were restored over the weekend.
• Four transportation requests were processed and completed.
• 227 notable activities recorded and processed.
• 30 resource requests processed.
• 119 people housed in the general population evacuation shelter.
• 6 people housed in the special medical needs evacuation shelter.
• The Emergency Operations Center was operated for 8 days and 3 hours.
Information provided by David Greene, Colleton County Fire-Rescue deputy chief and director of the county’s Emergency Operations Center.