Fire results from surprising cause | News | The Press and Standard

by | April 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Last Updated: April 13, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Louie and Liza Catterton got a not so nice, but enlightening, surprise at 5 a.m. on April 3 when the fire alarm went off at their business, Louie’s Liquor.
Police officers arrived to find sparks coming from the wooden counter. They called Walterboro Fire Department which found the company’s laptop sitting on the counter was on fire. They quickly removed the computer and extinguished the flames.
“Louie and I want to send out a huge thank you to Richard Free with Sentinel Alarm, the Walterboro City Police and Fire Departments, Colleton Fire-Rescue and all the other responders that showed up that morning,” Liza said. “They all responded quickly and helped save our business. We cannot thank you all enough.”
But a bigger lesson is that computer owners need to be aware that laptops with lithium batteries can catch fire. “Please remember to unplug and shut down anything with a lithium battery. This is just a reminder of how quickly your hopes and dreams can go up in flames,” Liza said.

No comments yet.


By submitting a comment you grant Walterboro Live a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

© Copyright 2018 | Walterboro Live