Death ruled self-defense | News | The Press and Standard

by | March 6, 2018 3:50 pm

Walterboro Police Department investigators have determined that the recent shooting death was self-defense.
City police were called to the Motel 6 at 33 Campground Road Feb. 24 at about 9 a.m. by a shots fired call. As they were responding, the victim’s recently estranged wife told dispatchers that Donovan Blevins was shot and unresponsive.
Blevins, 27, of Fort Benning, Ga., died from multiple gunshots.
Investigators were able to determine that the female was visiting a male friend at Motel 6 at 33 Campground Road when Blevins showed up at the hotel.
Blevins, according to the investigation, broke into the hotel room by breaking through a window and gained entry into the room.
Once inside, a physical altercation took place between the two males. Blevins was shot during the altercation and ultimately died as a result of his injury.
Investigators have ruled Blevins’ death was self defense due to his breaking into the hotel room and the physical altercation.
According to a prepared release from the police department, no charges will be filed at this time; however, forensic evidence is still being processed.

1. Comment by Britni Chapman

March 6, 2018 at 4:59 pm

It took Walterboro Police Department over 5 days to interview CJ (the was the name given to us by Christine Evans). Who shot my cousin more than 2 times as the police stated. He was able to leave the scene of the crime and freely walk among the people of walterboro community. Detective Kevin kody I hope I get your name right as I just learned it. Allowed Christine to leave the station without testing her for GSR that day and I’m sure her statement isn’t much cause she was only at the station a few hours. There many holes in walterboro police station and we will gladly let everyone know. Like how Cj hasn’t been charged with obstruction of justice with leaving the scene of the crime. How Christine was able to receive a car back that had blood in back so so without having all the evidence back from forensic. Or how they spent more time on a shoplifting case then they did my cousin case that day. Or how many there are text messages that the detective Kevin was sent that Christine sent that said she would have Donovan rob by CJ and how the only reason she was with him was because he was in the army and she would kill him. Or how one minute she loves her husband but the next she would stand next to Zaddy or CJ in court. This will not go down as a self defense case. Cause this was well thought out case for money. And for y’all to sit back and allow this to happen to someone who put their life on the line for you and your family says a lot about the people who are suppose to be keeping that town safe. Sorry for any grammar errors I’m typing on my phone. But you can try and take this down but I’ll be back.

2. Comment by Britni Chapman

March 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Also detective Kevin try to say that cj used Donovan own gun a revolver. But Donovan didn’t own a revolver. That would mean that CJ or Christine Evans brought their own gun in with them into the hotel. Which would mean that they were hoping that Donovan would show up. It make you wonder how much did Christine Evans promise CJ (once again Christine Evans gave us that name) my cousin insurance money.

3. Comment by Stephanie

March 6, 2018 at 6:22 pm

It’s too many holes in this story and too many different lies being told. I have the proof where she stated on Facebook that Donovan was MURDERED!!! And I’m sure among many other things she has stated on Facebook but then goes back and delete her post. I’m sure his family and friends have all the messages and postings. So, to my understanding this guy is a convicted felony…with a gun? Where is the justice in This? How many times was Donovan shot? Anything more than 2 should be considered “overkill.” In one article I read it stated the coroner saying Donovan had multiple gunshot wounds. This family need answers and justice for their love one…

4. Comment by Erica Riddle

March 6, 2018 at 6:40 pm

This is really some bs, you guys have all the evidence which shows the motive (money), the texts and her social media pages. It’s really sad how his life was taken and it feels like he’s getting murdered all over again or maybe it’s bc it’s a black on black crime. How in the **** do you let a killer go free and tell you when he’s coming back, that bs sounded fishy from the start. If this was your family, you would want justice also, which you all are failing to give us!! Christine story has changed numerous of times and I’m not understanding how you all can’t see that basically, if everything had went as planned she wouldn’t have nothing, so she figured she could get more with him being dead and you guys are letting them get away with murder. You guys know they killed him and we do too, I just pray you all never have to go through, what ya’ll are putting us through! WE WANT JUSTICE FOR DONOVAN LASHAWN BLEVINS AND WILL NOT LET YOU REST UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED!!!!

5. Comment by Christian

March 6, 2018 at 6:44 pm

It’s my understanding that he left with the gun removing evidence from the scene. Does that not matter? Christine said that she had no idea how Donovan found her but she sent him her location. She claims she loves him but has told people to rob him and she is going to stand with the man who shot him in court. How do we post pics on here and we will be glad to post all the messages and pictures.

6. Comment by Megan Clark

March 6, 2018 at 6:46 pm

This Is Outrageous I Don’t Understand How Christene Can Lie To Police, Give Multiple Stories, All Different Ones Claiming She Didn’t Know How Donovan Knew Where She Was He Just Showed Up. When In All Reality The Investigator Seen Where You Sent Him Your Location That Would Mean You Wanted Him To Show Up So You Could Have Him Killed Christene Wrote Multiple Post Talking About Just Seen My Husband Shot Down & The Police Is Looking For The Killer Which Was As Christene Called Him Daddy A.K.A. The Person Who Shot Donovan Also The Person She Told The Investigator She Just Met Th the Night Before Online. So You Met Online Meet Up At the motel all to Have Donovan Come There & Shoot Him Multiple Times and That’s Self defense??? I Have All The Messages Where She being Christene said that she would bring some guys with her they would have guns and she wanted them to rob Donovan what wife does that. I Know One That Paid Somebody To Kill Her Husband plain & simple . The Same One Calling Seeing How Much Money She Was Going To Get And Mad Because Christene Found Out She Wasn’t Getting It All. This is Ashame and We Want Justice He Fought For This Country Donovan Lashawn Blevins Deserves Justice

7. Comment by Britni Chapman

March 6, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Detective Kevin stated he was shot 2 times. But when he was dress in his blues. We found out that was a lie. He was shot 7 times. Then the officer told me that we must not know what gun shot holes look like. I guess self defense takes shooting a person 7 times. And yes CJ is a convicted felon. It’s amazing what a little digging on Facebook will find you. The internet is an amazing thing. It makes you wonder who allowed these people to become detectives. That you allow a convicted felon to have a firearm, kill a person and leave the scene of a crime without so much of being convicted of a crime.

8. Comment by Christopher Clark

March 6, 2018 at 6:57 pm

What is this, just another black life lost? Donovan was lured to his death. He was giving me address that the result ended in a murder. That shows Criminal Intent. The alleged killer fled the scene, and he was not given a gunshot residue test. The person,his wife, who was there at the scene was not given a gunshot residue test, so it really is unknown who pulled the trigger. Donovan was an active duty member of the United States Army, and we can’t even get justice for that? That is a prime example of malpractice!!! Thepolice department just said that Donovan Blevins’ life is not relevant enough for the for them to do a complete, professional investigation. I’m confused what’s going on? I thought the job of the police department was to get Killers off the street. Well do your job and get the killers off the streets!!! Give the Family Justice Donovan was a family man. He loves his family! He always put family over everything! He was a son brother ,Uncle ,grandson ,cousin, and active duty member of the United States Army.#JUSTICE4DONOVAN The police department was given ample evidence of conspiracy to commit a crime. Yet, they don’t do their job? Was his life not worth it ? detective Kevin..I think the name is..are you overworked? Will you do your job? Imagine if Donovan didn’t do his job when he served us during his time in Afghanistan!!!!!! Justice is all we want! #JUSTICE4DONOVAN #CHRISTINERAYEMURDEREDHIM

9. Comment by Stephanie

March 6, 2018 at 7:05 pm

When you find out how to post pictures or screenshots please let me know because I have a few but it’s no longer on her Facebook page because she deleted it but not before I took a picture of it and the comments!!!

10. Comment by Christian

March 6, 2018 at 7:17 pm

11. Comment by Drucii Blevins

March 6, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Donovan’s left hand was broken, so he had to have broken it when he supposedly punched her car window out. So it’s not way he could’ve busted the hotel window out, and even if he did it was going to take more then one time to break it. So christine and the boy CJ was watching and waiting for donovan to come in. Christine’s car alarm doesn’t work on her car , but she told us she was awaken by her car alarm and that’s a lie. Christine also said she thought CJ was going to kill her, but now she saying it was self defense. Christine and CJ had 5 days to get their stories matching and the police did not try to go find CJ.

12. Comment by Stephanie

March 6, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Posted…Thanks Christian

13. Comment by Maria

March 6, 2018 at 8:28 pm

U mean to tell me yall trying to say it was self defense that a lie yall Walterboro Detective need to go bck school because yall don’t care because its a black on black crime my nephew save in the United States Army not only serving for me but for Our County doing something with his life he didn’t deserve to be kill and it Christine and Zaddy (CJ) fault and we want stop until we get Justice for Donovan LaShawn Blevins

14. Comment by LoWanda Wells Butler

March 6, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Donovan was a soldier. I need the military to take over jurisdiction. CID???? . This was a premeditated and depraved heart murder. Christina, may you know the unrest until justice is served. On a more personal note, God is in control, and I pray he makes this enemy our footstool.

15. Comment by Liza

March 6, 2018 at 9:05 pm

I Pray To God The Belvins Family Get Jutice ….Because This Is Just Sad. …That Police Dept Need to Get On Their Jobs…They Dnt Care About Our Young Black Men….

16. Comment by Henrietta

March 6, 2018 at 9:08 pm

So yall mean to tell me that this was self defense i dont think so because she has told several stories. Why do you believe her and they are walking away free that’s not right! Donovan was shot many times so in my opinion justice needs to be served and we are not gonna be satisfied until something is done about this. He was in the service fighting for all of us, our country, and now he has been killed over something that could have been avoided. So please check into this situation because they are not being truthfully about their stories. My nephew Donovan LaShawn Blevins. I love and miss you.

17. Comment by David Guy

March 7, 2018 at 3:41 pm

This is typical Colleton County law enforcement and judicial practice people.A felon in possession of a gun who then shoots someone with it but no charges will be filed wow.My brother was murdered in Colleton County by a lil punk that has multiple drug and gun charges and was out on bond the night he shot my baby brother in the back and almost killed his friend too btw he is out on bail now for murder and attempted murder so nothing these keystone cops do suprises me.

18. Comment by Christine blevins

March 11, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Y’all just don’t wanna believe the truth do you? Facts your cousin my husband came there to kills us. He shot out my windows then broke out the room window. Charged at my friend. 1 he traveled over 7 hours drunk and high, 2 he broke and entered and had a gun. Stfu already and move on ****. Britni I never talked to you the only person I talked to was the mother. They have Donovan phone why won’t you post what him and Dave talked about or the fact y’all family lied about knowing he was coming but I found out y’all knew this is getting ridiculous none of y’all are speaking facts and my last name is Blevins not Evans.

19. Comment by Christine blevins

March 11, 2018 at 2:55 pm

And y’all wanna post pics let’s post the post of y’all family member saying if he ever saw me with another man he would shoot and kill me and the man? Or let’s post the pic of days before he was saying he would kill one of his own cousins. Y’all don’t even have a clue y’all are going by he say she say. Like I said the truth will come out and it did and y’all still don’t want to accept it, the fact that y’all are so mixed up with lies is sad. I will stand by the truth he saved our lives that day .

20. Comment by Britni Chapman

March 11, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Girl you can be a Blevins all you want. Let’s be honest. You’ll be Married about 4 more times in this life time. You can have my granddaddy last name. Cause I’m sure no good will come out of it for you anyway. And that’s all I have to say with you. You don’t carry God with you. And I don’t care what anyone says. Evil is with you and and it’ll stay with you.

21. Comment by LoWanda Butler

March 11, 2018 at 5:52 pm

Facts: A known felon had a weapon, if not else, he should be arrested for that.
    Facts; Donovan wanted a divorce.
    Facts: The evidence is still been investigated.
    Facts; No matter the outcome, this was murder for hire.
    Facts; **** is enlarging itself daily for me orders like you.
    Facts; I accept Donovan used bad judgment, especially when he married you.
    Facts; I told him not to marry you, and I only welcomed you in my home, because of my love for Donovan. I was thrilled when you stop coming.
    Facts: No the outcome, I pray you never find peace or happiness. You are the enemy who came to kill, steal, and destroy. So, I desire you to be a footstool.
    Facts; I will be the holy roller you have called me, and the other names, too, because I pray God’s justice rain down hard on you.

22. Comment by Christine blevins

March 13, 2018 at 12:30 am

Y’all keep making y’all self
    Look dumber and dumber thank you for that lol

23. Comment by Celeste Cruz-Boyer

March 13, 2018 at 12:49 pm

So you are all lawyers? Or detectives? Or were there? Or have video evidence? Or know that she wasn’t tested for GSR? Y all do realize that people in the Army do bad things too right? Fort Hood Shooting, Virginia, Army soldier shoots 8 months pregnant wife in her head twice,3 times in the chest as she held her 6 year old, the list goes on.

Facts: who drives 7 hours to confront their wife and a man she was hanging out with.
    Facts: Donovan had intent. He should have thought about the consequences of his actions considering his family hated his wife so much. Why bust out her car window? Why break into the hotel room? Why fight the guy? He could have knocked 😂. And had a conversation man to man but no he wanted to go all rambo on a drunk high and lost his marbles.
    Facts: Y all sound mad that his life insurance went to his wife.
    Facts: You all knew he was cheating on her.
    Facts: You can’t stop talking about how much you hate her and didn’t want him with her.
    Facts: It looks like y’all thought he’d kill them both and there would be no story to tell.
    Facts: Y all knew he was engaged and had a whole female he was starting a new life with.
    Facts: Y all forgot how bad this looks because he had a whole fiance.
    Facts: Donovans new fiance has a whole husband.
    Facts: Being in the Army doesn’t make you an upstanding citizen.
    facts: There are army soldiers who get criminally charged and put away every day for murder, rape, theft, child abuse, *** with minors, prostitution, *** trafficking, *** trafficking of minors, robbery, assault, assault with deadly weapons, battery.
    Facts: Your arguments are invalid.
    Facts: Good Luck & pray
    Facts: Y’all are going to need it considering she will continue to find evidence that shows he’s guilty
    Facts: Love is blind, the neighbors are not. (Your love for him is blinding the fact that he is a narcissistic psychotic murderer but everyone else sees exactly who he is)
    Facts: Y’all need a reality check.
    Facts: Your ignorance is showing
    Facts: it is unbecoming and sets your race back many a years by arguing that black lives matter when is comes to a murdering criminal.
    Facts: If Black Lives Matter and Donovan understood that, he would have never tried to kill his wife and her friend. No decent man would commit a crime & be okay with his family toting around the staple that is being used to stop violence against black people from the law. “CJ aka Zaddy aka friend aka irrelevant in the fact that Donovan showed up to show his rear end” was black too, so do Black Lives Not Matter for Him?
    Facts: Don’t ever put a man plastered in the media as a killer/man killed because of self defense and Black Lives Matter even in the same vicinity of each other.
    Facts: Stop setting back all the work the Black Liver Matter Movement has tried to make cause your family member is a Murderer and you are mad that his wife, aka next of kin, aka person who by law gets his insurance money if he passed by whatever means gets the money.
    Facts: The argument that this was a hired hit for money was invalid the moment Donovan got engaged to a whole other female, drove 7 hours to beat his chest and sling his meat around in front of CJ and Christine. Its just another case of an insecure man that was mad that someone else liked his toy and was interested in it after he threw it away and realized he did not want it anymore because he got a new one.

24. Comment by Drucilla Blevins

March 13, 2018 at 1:35 pm

Lmao Celeste you swear everything yo i said is facts but neither do you know everything you said was lie. Donovan was not engaged to anyone else lmmfao you sound dumb af. And everything Christine been saying on FB is a lie. He never not once hit her. I witnessed everything my **** self. The hoe never had blood coming from anywhere and she never had a **** bruise. Her cousin is a prostitue and crackhead she came to MS stole my stuff and left and Christine even said this her self. Christine have half of the life insurance not all learn your facts. Christine also told me she thought (CJ) was gone kill her. oh and let’s not talk about Donovan’s guns. Donovan have weapons when they were actually staying together Christine knew he rode with his guns lmao the hoe just tryna make it seem like he specifically brought his guns with him for her. If he had came to kill best believe they would’ve been dead. Talking about some he would’ve killed himself to on FB. Christine you sound dumb af. And stop telling people y’all were going to meet up in ATL i got them messages specifically when he told you he was good on that. oh and let’s not forget the message you said if he wasn’t in the army you would’ve been left him. Oh and what about the message you said that all you wanted was your phone back on and you wouldn’t ask for money in the divorce lmao y’all are delusion. Christiine just want attention. She had something to do with my uncle death. In fact she personally told me she told CJ donovan didn’t have a gun. Oh and let’s not forget she also said she told him that Donovan didn’t deserve that. But ok y’all can keep on with these lies donovan not here to defend himself , but i sholl in the **** is.

25. Comment by Celeste Cruz-Boyer

March 13, 2018 at 2:22 pm

🤦🤦🤦 sholl 🤦🤦🤦 evidence is evidence it doesnt have anything to do with what Christina says on Facebook. I don’t need to know everything to say what I want the same way that anyone else is this thread did not need to. Any women who tries to convince another women that a man didn’t beat his wife or any other female for that matter is a despicable representation of the female gender. Women like you are why males like Donovan beat their significamt others. Because instead of doing something about it you blame the women for what doing right or wrong to deserve their beatings. Digusting! I watched my sorry was sperm donor beat my mother for years and I also watched her put the paws on him too but that does make it right. If she says he assaulted her I will believe it. As a someone who is expected to uphold the law and also have a duty to help anyone who needs help, I believe her. I am a Veteran/ Medical Professional and did my time on the force and understand the threats of violence are to be taken serious because if you don’t whether it is seconds, minutes, days, weeks , months or years someone can lose their life. Christine has been very vocal about the miscortunes she’s gone through while being married to Donovan and not once did her story change. Not once did she speak about commiting harm unto her husband. Not once, even with all the horrible details she shared, did she ever say she did not love him.

You sound angry and disgruntled. I’m pretty sure her name is Christine and not “hoe”. And on a forum that may or not be followed by the police department investigating the case , you and everyone else on this thread may want to try to spew their hate with somewhat proper or understandable grammar. Or at least identify whichever individual being discussed is properly addressed. I am truly sorry for every single one of you because you will not (well maybe not counting Christina) find peace anytime soon with the hate you all have and the axes you have to grind.

26. Comment by Celeste Cruz-Boyer

March 13, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Is this your news page? Do you own the internet? Are you the boss of this public forum? Ok that’s is what I thought, I have this thing called the freedom of speech and if I choose to insert myself in a PUBLIC CASE I can. Maybe YOUR UNCLE should not have been trying to murder or abuse anyone.

Also I can read perfectly fine, and write and spell 🙌🙋 Can you?

“Y’all bitches think y’all gone throw dirt on Donovan’s name but that’s not gone happen.” No Ma’am, he did that on his own, bless your heart.

And no I wouldnt want to be any part of what you call “Family”, my was screwed up enough and got trashed a long time ago. You can keep them.

My days will always be safe and wonderful. I am beyond blessed and protected both by the power I believe in, as well as an amazing, protective, loving, caring, speaks with his words not his hands, faithful, shall i continue…husband ☺. Oh and guns, lots of them, that would faithfully stop an intruder trying to harm anyone in my household.

You arent mad but you’re still going in. ✅Bothered

27. Comment by Drucilla Blevins

March 13, 2018 at 4:14 pm

umm what exactly does your husband have to do with this lmao? i said be safe, when did that ever become a threat !? 😂😂😂

28. Comment by Drucilla Blevins

March 13, 2018 at 4:15 pm

like i said the first time before they deleted the post..HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND BE SAFE.! I’m done talking 😘✌🏾

29. Comment by Christine blevins

March 15, 2018 at 1:02 am

The fact that I have pictures of the abuse don’t lie dru 😂😂😂 the fact that you have witnessed the police at our house or the fact his mom and brothers had to pull him off me. Oh the fact that the police have all the evidence. I ain’t know he had a rifle y’all did. Dru you are a pathetic loser who has nothing better to do than bring my cousin into it 😂. Let’s talk about how your grand dad and uncles are all felons since we bringing up irrelevant people. Let’s post the video of Dave shooting a gun when he ain’t even suppose to be around them let’s talk about the fact y’all buried my husband in a rush let’s talk about the fact that ida verna told me he was divorcing me to marry that slut. The same one who came to his funeral. I don’t give a **** about money unlike
    You I will work for my money. You are a *** all y’all rode Donovan cotails. That was my husband he told y’all
    One thing but we talked everyday, y’all knew he was coming Dave lied talking about he was coming in the middle of the night to deliver divorce papers but none were found. Y’all know how he was a violent person who talked about killing. I love my husband but at the same time y’all ain’t about to drag my name. A y’all care about is money y’all buried him fast and cheap he deserved better. Y’all mad because the truth is out they called Dinah personally and told her after they called me. Y’all are evil but y’all will get yours just money hungry always have been and always will be and since you wanna bring up my cousin how about the fact Dave spent the whole weekend with her and y’all
    Lied for him every one of y’all you talking about she stole Vaseline when my husband called me and told me y’all stole pills from
    Him. I can air out all y’all dirty laundry. He told me more than y’all
    Think dru you have a smart mouth and that has gotten you in trouble you the one who started the whole thing expose all the messages just not bits and pieces. I can be a hoe to you that’s ok you are a little girl who will be nothing in life but a factory worker you can’t even pass the ASVAB

30. Comment by Christine blevins

March 15, 2018 at 1:10 am

Y’all are money hungry the fact that I called and told y’all he died and you hopped on the phone and asked me where his car was who does that your family member just died and you worried about a **** car. The detective sees all this and the whole city is laughing at y’all why because y’all are delusional and ignorant and liars y’all knew he was coming y’all ain’t stop him and lied to me when I asked if y’all spoke to him. He posted a few days prior in fact 3 about he will kill on site. You don’t know what Donovan and me talked about.
    The fact that someone told me y’all mess around all makes sense know. Stay in a child’s place that’s why you have nothing your mouth prevents that. The whole fact y’all family showed y’all
    Add proves my pony that you and to every one else who actually read the article and had common sense. I love my husband and will forever but he had no right to break in especially if he had a “fiancé”

31. Comment by Christine blevins

March 15, 2018 at 1:36 am

I love my husband regardless of what he did and I will forbid him the fact y’all let that slut come but ain’t tell me about his funeral shoes a lot and dru just a FYI the police have both our phones so they will see the truth and have. Your “uncle” broke and entered with intent to cause harm y’all wanna y’all about he was a soldier let’s talk about the fact he had a star necklace on when he died a gang affiliated necklace let’s talk about the fact that he had a whole 12 pack of empty bottles in his car or the assault rifle he had in the passenger side let’s talk about the fact he drove 7 hours it don’t matter if I told him I moved on or where I was he broke in and entered he cheated on me beat on me had a fiancé that y’all met and still was worried about what I was doing. Let’s talk about the fact he lofted I go my social media everyday without my permission, let’s talk about the fact that I have pictures of the abuse, let’s y’all about the fact there was a open domestic violence case against him, let’s talk about the fact he wasn’t even supposed to be in contact with me and he never told me I have the counseling, let’s talk about the fact that I ain’t know about his weapons, let’s talk about the fact that I have messaged you and you only post what’s benificial to y’all let’s talk about the fact that y’all steadily wanna bring up his army career but y’all know he was a drunk, popped pills and drank lean, let’s talk about the fact he was in a gang and I have video of that, let’s talk about the fact that y’all knew he was crazy and joked about it let’s talk about the fact that y’all family has been harassing me let’s talk about the fact that no matter what I’m the wife and y’all only care about money let’s talk about the fact that you can call me a hoe but let’s see your history, the fact your grandpa made a baby with a whole another woman, has multiple duis and isn’t suppose to be driving, let’s talk about how your uncle stole my money to bail out Dave because he’s a convicted felon who is a drug b ad and sells drugs and is a serial cheater, let’s talk about the fact that Donovan has given your “mom” multiple weapons which I’m curious if they are registered, let’s talk about the fact Donovan was always y’all ATM, or the fact that your “grandma” got loans and bills in his bar let’s talk about the fact all your uncles and grandpa aren’t even suppose to be around weapons but they are shooting and someone slipped up and posted a video. Yes I want me to expose more? My husband told me more than you know, the fact your mom has a female friend who spends money on her the fact your dad is vag and so is your mom but married to that man who hides his finances from her and is tired of paying for you because you are a *** who can’t hold a job.

32. Comment by Christine blevins

March 15, 2018 at 1:41 am

Excuse my misspelling I’m typing on my phone

33. Comment by Doesn't matter

March 16, 2018 at 6:04 am

It’s sad a man is dead and all people can do is drag his name and drag his wife name, and drag his family name. All of you sound crazy. Did everyone forget Donovan isn’t here no more to do anything. Placing blame isn’t what people should be doing. Airing dirty laundry isn’t what people should be doing. No matter what the truth is, it will come out. Once it does accept it. Dragging people name doesn’t make what you say facts. I would be ashamed to call any of you guys family. All these statements show none of you guys value human life. It’s okay for people to be angry. That is normal human behavior. To Donovan wife, it makes you look messy to spend time posting these comments on social media instead of mourning your husband. Whether you guys were separated or not he was your other half. And to the Belvins family. I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure there is a big hole in your family. Being messy and sounding uneducated isn’t going to bring justice to Donovan. I think if you guys spent more time getting real facts and less time on social media you may find peace in you guys heart. Death is always sad and leaves many questions in a circumstance like this.

34. Comment by Tylisha Verner

March 16, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Well, Ms.Evans. An innocent person tells the truth and nothing but the truth. However, you switched your story up multiple times. The lord will handle you. #JusticeForDon We love you!

35. Comment by Christal

March 16, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Rip Donovan LaShawn God I’m sorry you have too go threw this. I miss you so much your laughs and will miss the way you talk like your sound. Will miss you coming home and no one will get that now .Too the Blevins family so sorry hope justice will serve so everyone can be at peace. The lord above knows the truth and it will come out .Donovan you will always hold a place in my heart and wish you was here. Just watch over your family because I know you will
    Till then never a good bye it’s a see you later. Till than boo will meet again.
    Love you lots hugs and kisses too you

36. Comment by Doesn't matter

March 16, 2018 at 11:58 pm

Christal please tell me your not some thot or side chick. Lil girl Donovan seems to have a wife. And you are tarnishing his name if you some side chick talking about hugs and kiss. Obviously you not the main chick. Because the only fact I’ve gather from this ghetto mess is that he was married. Ain’t nothing worse in this world is a side chick thinking the world cares about your words. I can’t read no more.

37. Comment by Well than don't!!!!!

March 17, 2018 at 12:04 am

Don’t read any more….
    Point blank period.
    Who are you to say what some one can or can not say.
    Hmmmm bye bye.

38. Comment by Is doesn't get better than this

March 17, 2018 at 2:47 am

Yup its another side of proud coleslaw

39. Comment by Christal

March 17, 2018 at 7:21 am

For your information we was friends from the same home town. For one I can say whatever no side chick here just really good friends
    Why are you commenting on my post. Don can have friends .So whatever you trying too start it’s not working. .If I want too say hugs and kisses I will

40. Comment by Doesn't matter

March 17, 2018 at 9:39 am

Clearly you people are making a spectacle of Mr. Blevins death. And it is sad. You see an educated individual sits back and gathers facts. You don’t need to know my resume in that department or my professional background. Everyone is talking about justice and facts…I’m on no one’s side, but I’m educated enough not to get on social media out of pure hatred and pettiness and make accusations based on some loud mouths that call their allegations facts…I’m going to educate you and then I will be done. Because no individual with a brain cares about false allegations.

Fact number 1: Only 3 individuals know what happen, one is no longer living.

Fact number 2: Anyone that knows law enforcement the burden of proof in a criminal law case is beyond reasonable doubt. If law enforcement doesn’t have the evidence to submit probable cause to the prosecuting attorney, there really isn’t a case. Yeah someone can easy get arrested but convicting is a whole another ball game. And law enforcement isn’t going to waste time on nothing but solid facts to make an arrest. Clearly there isn’t enough evidence pointing to guilt at this point. Any evidence released isn’t useable evidence to convict.

Fact number 3: these comments aren’t from his mom, dad, and if he has siblings. These people seem to only care about money and being ghetto. No one will take any of their words seriously, and yours included in that. How do you know Donovan needs justice? Are you jumping on the coattails of accusations. If so your making an *** of yourself.

Fact number 4: in every case you have the truth, their truth, and somewhere in the middle. No human person ever recounts events the exact same. This incident is very traumatizing and violent (meaning someone died). I don’t know what the is true, but I know enough to say if huge details aren’t changing and it is the minor details, that is due to trauma. Not necessarily due to lying.

Fact number 5: the messages that were posted against Ms. Blevins only show what she messaged, never gives the reader the entire situation surrounding the interaction which clearly is made to have readers bias and the stupid ones can’t see that. Show the entire interaction then form an opinion.

Fact number 6: people are clearly mad at Ms. Blevins, some seem to be family members, but not immediate members are posting. And the ones posting seem to only again care about money. So is this a situation about money or justice. Because the title wife carries lots of weight. And instead of worry about what Ms. Blevins is getting, the focus should be on gathering true facts to see what actually happened.

I can continue on with the fact game. I just wanted to make a point. This spectacle that has been made isn’t off facts. If you weren’t there to see it with your own eyes, you don’t know what happened. Mr. Blevins and Ms. Blevins know the nature of their relationship. Outsiders only see a snapshot. Unless you lay in the middle of them in their bed and live in their home, you cant possibly know everything. Emotional, loud mouths, that speak uneducated is why people feel black lives don’t matter amongst other things. Stop trying to use that movement. You want justice for Mr. Blevins, wait for the truth to come out. Making bias statements and accusations don’t hold too much water in the legal world. I hope everyone reads my post very carefully. Because this is how an educated black individual acts and speaks.

The comments are closed.