Buffalo Lane family loses home to fire | News | The Press and Standard

by | October 12, 2017 8:52 am

A North Walterboro family was displaced following a fire in their home Tuesday afternoon Oct. 10.
At 3:26 p.m., neighbors reported smoke coming from the residence at 782 Buffalo Lane. The first unit arrived to find heavy black smoke coming from the single-wide mobile home. Firefighter-paramedics discovered flames coming from the rear of the structure. Crews forced entry through the front door and quickly extinguished the fire.
The center interior, including the living room and kitchen, suffered heavy fire damage. The remainder of the home received smoke damage.
No one was in the residence when the fire occurred. Investigators determined the fire originated in the area of a window air conditioning unit. The homeowner said she had been having problems with the unit.
Fire units were on the scene for nearly an hour.

No comments yet.


By submitting a comment you grant Walterboro Live a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

© Copyright 2017 | Walterboro Live