Round O home heavily damaged in fire | News | The Press and Standard

by | April 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Last Updated: April 12, 2017 at 11:31 am

A Round O home was heavily damaged by fire on the morning of April 8. Colleton County Fire-Rescue was called to the fire at 17721 Round O Road April 8 at 8:16 a.m., the caller reporting flames coming from the window of the home. The first unit arrived to find light smoke coming from the singlewide mobile home. The occupant had used a garden hose and several buckets of water to knock down the flames, which gutted one bedroom, extended into the hall and damaged a second bedroom. Firefighters used a hand line to douse the room and remove the remaining burning materials. The fire started on a bed in the center bedroom. All occupants were able to safely exit the building and no one was injured. Fire units were on the scene for approximately an hour.

No comments yet.


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2017 | Walterboro Live