Ruffin family loses home to fire | News | The Press and Standard

by | March 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Last Updated: March 29, 2017 at 10:22 am

Malfunctioning electrical wiring is the suspected cause of a fire that left six members of a Ruffin family homeless on the evening of March 24.
The family members, two adults and four children, told firefighters they smelled smoke before discovering flames coming from the roof and front porch of their single-story wood frame home at 7434 Ruffin Road.
Firemen arriving in response to the 911 call on March 24 at 10:20 p.m., found flames coming from the front and rear sections of the roof and several windows.
The occupants had been able to flee the burning home without injury. Two family dogs perished in the fire.
Firefighters had the fire under control within 25 minutes, but were on the scene performing overhaul for four hours. Water supply was handled by a tender shuttle.
The fire appears to have started in electrical wiring in the area of the attic near the front porch.
The home suffered extensive damage and the family lost most of their belongings.
The Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.

comments » 1

  1. Comment by Biione Clark

    March 31, 2017 at 9:20 pm

    This was my house, i feel so bad. If i hesitated ad tried to save some of my belongings, i probably wouldnt be here


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Walterboro Live