Home burns on Carolina Circle | News | The Press and Standard

by | November 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Fire-Rescue units were sent to 304 Carolina Circle Wednesday morning Nov. 16 at 3:02 a.m.

The first engines arrived to find a single-story residential dwelling with flames visible from the roof. All occupants had safely exited the structure.

The fire was burning throughout the attic. Crews pulled the ceilings in several rooms to reach the flames. It appeared the fire originated in the chimney and spread to the attic.

The electrical service line burned through and fell from the home. When the power went off, the occupants were awakened and discovered the fire, which had already burned through a portion of the roof. They alerted 9-1-1.

Firefighters worked for about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control, but were on the scene for three hours.

Most of the fire damage was contained to the attic and roof, however the remainder of the home suffered water and smoke damage. Many personal items were saved.

No comments yet.


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2019 | Walterboro Live