Francis Street home damaged by fire | News | The Press and Standard

by | June 27, 2016 5:01 pm

A Francis Street home suffered moderate damage in an afternoon fire Monday June 27 at 2:09 p.m.

The first engine arrived to find light smoke coming from the eaves of the single-story brick veneer dwelling at 402 Francis Street. The homeowner arrived home to find the building smoking and called Fire-Rescue.

When firefighter-paramedics entered through the front door, they found the fire just inside the living room and quickly extinguished the flames, containing it in the area of origin. Crews pulled the ceiling above the fire, but found no further flames.

The fire appears to have started from an electrical outlet, then extended up one wall to the ceiling. The remainder of the home suffered smoke damage.

No one was at the residence when the fire occurred, and no injuries were reported.

No comments yet.


The comments are closed.

© Copyright 2018 | Walterboro Live