Nightclub security guard killed / The Press and Standard

by | May 28, 2016 12:54 pm

A Dorchester County man was shot and killed and a second man critically injured at a Round O nightclub early Saturday morning.Colleton County Coroner Richard Harvey reports that Jesse Guy, 38, of Dorchester was pronounced dead at the Trauma Center at Trident Medical Center in Summerville. Harvey said medical center officials reported Guy had been killed by a single gunshot to the torso.A second man, whose identity has not been released as yet, was also shot during the disturbance outside Club Leon on Round O Road.Lt. Shane Roberts, the public information officer for the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office, says an emergency calls sent deputies and Colleton County Fire-Rescue personnel to the nightclub Saturday at about 3:30 a.m.Guy and the second gunshot victim were security guards at the nightclub. Roberts said that the two men were shot outside the club following a disturbance at the nightclub.Roberts said the investigation into the shooting death is still in its early stages. A motive for the shooting still has not been determined and deputies were still attempting to learn the identity of the suspect or suspects involved in the incident.Firefighter-paramedics transported both the shooting victims by ambulance to Trident Medical Center.

1. Comment by Jodi Johnston

May 29, 2016 at 6:03 am

When is this craziness going to STOP? Please stop killing eachother. This is sad ! #wontgohometonight #prayers

2. Comment by David Guy

May 29, 2016 at 8:15 am

Jesse was a loving son and father,no one could ask for a more loving brother than he was.He was a single father of a 10 year old gitl and was working this job to help raise her he was there to make people more safe and to have a good time.He did not deserve to get shot in the back by a coward when his back was turned.Our prayers are with the other security guard and his family.

3. Comment by Brian Dickie

May 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm

David…..I knew Jesse and worked with him in 2008. Please pass the arrangements to me, and I will let all the others I know that also worked with him know. I always remember him as being a happy person. My condolences to you and your family

4. Comment by David Guy

May 29, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Thanks for your kind words.We are in process of planning memorial it will be a couple of days.

5. Comment by Brian Dickie

May 29, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I would like to attend, and I know of quite a few others that would too. He will be missed.

6. Comment by David Guy

May 29, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Davidallenguy@yahoo email me your address or contact information so i can pass along memorial service information.I appreciate you helping out the cononer wont let us have his phone so we cant contact his friends he has in his contact list.

7. Comment by Gail T Johnson

May 29, 2016 at 7:14 pm

The sad thing is ALL LIVES MATTER..Now another child has to grow up without a father..a mother has to bear the insufferable task of burying a child..siblings have to endure the loss..friends are left with memories and all for what..we may never know who..what..or why..but rest assured GOD KNOWS AND SEES IT ALL..whoever will ultimately answer to the MOST HIGH! Continued prayers for the family and extended family.

8. Comment by David Guy

May 29, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Thank you.

9. Comment by Jessica Guy-Holbrooks

May 29, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Jesse and I may have been divorced. But, I loved him enough to marry him and have his daughter. She will never be allowed to forget her father and, she will always be a part of his family. Whoever it was that did this, deserves the death penalty and, they had better get caught! We all have to be strong for Veronica, she needs us all.

10. Comment by Dionne Holmes

May 29, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Sending all my love and prayers to Jesse’s family and Daughter. I just want to thank him for always having my brothers back and I am sorry he lost his life doing just that. Jesse was more than a friend he was our classmate when we started with ASP in 2008 and our brother you will always be loved and miss. Sleep in paradise you were one of the most beautiful people I had the opportunity to know.

Love you always Brother

11. Comment by Debbie Marshall

May 29, 2016 at 11:38 pm

I feel soooo bad about Jesse and his daughter, my granddaughter, Veronica! I don’t even know where to start or what to say. My heart is breaking for so many people right now. Jesse was a good and decent man. He was so good looking and he always smelled so good. Now all his daughter has is the smell of his cologne he sprayed on her teddy bear and memories. It’s a dad time for so many people. I hope they find the dinner, coward that shot him in the back and took off. God be with Jesse’s family and friends in the coming days and weeks and months. I’m so very sorry for all of you!! 😢😢😢😢

12. Comment by Robert spence

May 30, 2016 at 7:01 am

Jesse was my security guard for 10 years he took his job very seriously and he love me like a brother he died protecting his blind friend my eyes are gone but he went to a better place like he told me he will always watch over me from heaven when I needed him when my father passed he was right there now Jesse is with my father in heaven i’m going to miss you my friend weeping may indoor for a night but joy comes in the morning I will see you again one day my friend take your rest we love you

13. Comment by Angie Blevins

May 30, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Prayers to Jessica and Veronica, may God wrap his loving arms around your baby and comfort you both. I hope that this asshole, cowardly criminal ***** is caught, and made to pay for his sins!!!

14. Comment by Colonel Jim Vause

May 31, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I am the owner Of Liberty Security Services. The death of Lt Jesse Guy has broken the hearts of all Security Officers everywhere. Life has been lowered to such a low level by cowards in the street. I pray for Lt. Guys family and especially for his little girl. I will not rest until the suspect is found and brought to justice. We love you Jesse. You will be sadly missed.

15. Comment by Eva Davis

June 4, 2016 at 1:26 am

Although some time has passed since our last meeting, I’ll never ever forget you Jesse….I fondly remember “helping ” you with your run for ASP…. Smiles. .You always speaking of your daughter with endless love. My heart goes out to all affected by this nonsense. Additionally, let us always remember that we have to continue to trust God. …You’ll Never be forgotten. ..Much Love and Respect. …Eva

16. Comment by David Guy

June 4, 2016 at 2:17 am

Thank you all for your love and support this has been a very tough week.

17. Comment by Jessica Guy-Holbrooks

June 11, 2016 at 3:47 pm

We set up a fund to raise money to be offered as a reward. The link is https://www.gofundme.com/28jfvdw
    Thanks