Motorcyclist killed in crash on Bells Highway | News | The Press and Standard

by | February 19, 2016 9:38 am

A 60-year-old Ruffin man was killed Thursday evening when his motorcycle collided with a motor vehicle on Bells Highway.

Karl Williams, 60, of Ruffin was pronounced dead at the Emergency Department of the Colleton Medical Center Thursday at 7:08 p.m. Colleton County Coroner Richard Harvey reports he has tentatively listed the cause of death as multiple trauma. He has ordered an autopsy.

According to the accident report, Williams was riding his 2011 Vulcan motorcycle east on Bells Highway near Cross Swamp Road Thursday at 6:15 p.m. when a westbound Ford Fusion attempted a left turn into a private drive and drove into the path of the motorcycle.

The state patrol reports that charges are pending against the driver of the Ford Fusion, who was not identified in the state patrol report.

1. Comment by Rod Bowersox

February 19, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Please pay attention. Some of those motorcycle riders out there are people I love.

2. Comment by Ashley Sullivan

February 19, 2016 at 9:11 pm

He was a great man and he will be missed

3. Comment by Sherri Salley

February 19, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Praying for my family during this difficult and devastating time. We will miss you Karl, RIP cuz. Forever in our hearts.

4. Comment by Kitty & Richard Turk

February 20, 2016 at 1:38 am

May God bless the immediate family of Karl Williams, we consider ourselves family as well. We have a 30 plus year relationship with Karl. We just spoke with him over this past week-end and was so looking forward to seeing him again later on this year. This is so hard to accept this untimely departure. May God bless you family during these difficult times. He will be missed and we love him and looking forward to meeting him when that time comes for us on the other side.

5. Comment by Myrtle Linder

February 20, 2016 at 12:14 pm

May GOD bless and comfort this man’s family, in such a foolish waste of an innocent man’s life. The communities prayers are with you. There is such a lack of “other people’s rights” on the roads and so many driving that should not be driving, risking the lives of others.

6. Comment by Jeffrey Stephens

February 21, 2016 at 6:52 pm

My cousin will truly be missed, may he rest in peace

7. Comment by Lisa Washington Augusta GA

February 23, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Rest in peace KWICK you were known to be a Kind witty intelligent cool king. Gone but not forgotten. Rest in peace. Eternal Affection

8. Comment by Mary Ann Smith

March 4, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I knew Karl from doing business with him at Butler LP Gas. He was always so nice and polite. I am very saddened by the news of his tragic death. My sympathy to the family and my prayers too.

9. Comment by Pamela Ward

April 4, 2016 at 11:38 am

I learned of Karl’s death through Divine Intervention…

Karl was such a beautiful friend of nearly 13 years, and he would often call to check on me and my Mom. I did not hear from him for a brief moment, and when I reached out to him, I found that his phone was disconnected. Immediately, I felt as though something was wrong. After nearly six weeks passed, a gentle nudge prompted me to enter his name into the computer. (That was something that I had never done.) To my dismay, when I entered Karl Williams, the city and state of Ruffin, SC automatically populated and I knew that something was wrong. The news and photos of the accident were right there. For a moment, I froze…My dear friend was gone for nearly 6 weeks and I had no idea….I could not attend the funeral service, because I did not know that he had slipped away. I did not have the opportunity to say good bye…

Karl had such a gentle and kind spirit…It is so important that we cherish the simplistic and special moments that we are given. Our friendship was so simple, yet so kind…Life moves so swiftly.

I am so grateful for “Divine Order” and the opportunity provided to me through a gentle nudge that directed me to know that my dear friend is at peace…Good night Karl…

May God bless the entire Williams’ family during this most difficult time…

Pamela Ward